Promote Your Book: 5 Tips and Ideas for a Successful Pre-sale
As an author, you know that book promotion is key to a successful book launch. But what can you do to promote your book during the pre-sale period? In this blog post, we will discuss some tips and ideas to help get your book in front of more readers before it even hits the shelves!
A pre-sale is a great way to generate buzz and get people excited about your upcoming book. But it can also be intimidating as you start thinking about how to develop those potential sales! A good pre-sale requires planning, execution, and intentional promotion, but once complete could net thousands of dollars before your book is even published.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your book pre-sale:
- Let your existing fans and followers know about the pending pre-sale. Utilize the power of social media marketing, email marketing, and even good old-fashioned word of mouth to get the word out. Share snippets of your book on your Instagram stories by reading a paragraph or two to peak your readers’ interest.
- Create a landing page for your book pre-sale on your personal website. This is a great way to centralize all the information potential readers need to know, and it can also be a tool for collecting email addresses for future marketing efforts.
- Make sure you’re offering an incentive for people who order during the pre-sale period. This could be something as simple as a discount or free shipping, or something more creative like exclusive content like free chapter sneak peeks!
- Send your book out to influencers in return for reviews. Utilize book bloggers, booktubers, or anyone with a sizeable online following who you think would be interested in your book. When they give you a shoutout on their social media channels, it could mean hundreds or even thousands of new eyes on your book.
- Schedule local TV or radio interviews and guest features on genre-related podcasts. If you can get yourself in front of potential readers, they’ll be more likely to remember your book when it comes time to buy. Plus, making an appearance as a featured guest will give listeners insight into how great your work is and yourself by creating personal connections that last.
Remember, the more people you can get excited about your book before it launches, the better chance you have of making a splash on launch day.
Promoting your book during pre-sale doesn’t have to be overwhelming or complicated. With a bit of planning and some creative thinking, you can make it a success!
If you’re looking for more tips on how to promote your book, be sure to check out our blog post on book marketing ideas for authors! And if you have any questions about book publishing, pre-sales, or partnership publishing in general, our team at Lucid Books is always happy to help. Just send us an email, and we’ll be delighted to chat with you about your specific needs and goals.