Who Is This God?
In the first chapter, the author draws our attention to his impetus in writing the book – the state of unbelief in God in America today. He says there is a pandemic of infectious unbelief in America and the world today! According to a 2020 survey, ninety-four percent of adult Americans say knowing the God of the Bible is not important. Instead, they have created their own idea of who they want Him to be. So where have you placed your faith and trust? Find out now if they are firmly rooted in the solid ground of the Bible and God’s true nature.
Who Is This God? A Handbook for Life with Him is a Christian nonfiction book that unravels the confusion to help people discover God’s nature and character. In so doing, it demonstrates how you can develop a personal relationship with Him and grow spiritually.
Major themes about God and life with Him include:
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
- God created you to experience His love and know Him personally.
- Everyone needs to be rescued and born-again to enter His Heaven.
- God has a purpose and plans for you (your life is not meaningless).
- The Holy Spirit was sent to dwell within, guide, help, and teach the followers of Jesus.
- Believers must mature spiritually to live an authentic Christian life.
- God is supernatural, and you live in the natural and supernatural realms of this world where miracles and other supernatural interventions by God still occur.
Embedded in the forty-three chapter narratives are nearly three hundred questions, six hundred and sixty scripture quotations, and seventy true stories. These stories include miracles of healing, deliverance, and protection only the God of the Bible can do. You will also see that God communicates through His Spirit with those who sincerely seek Him.